Thursday, July 5, 2007

Sad Note

I watched a show about the Grand Canyon last night. It's been a fantasy of mine to hike it. I looked up the depth, it's about FOUR ascents (is that up and back?) of Cowles Mountain, near as I can figure.

Anyway, I looked up Colin Fletcher, to see what he was up to, and found out he died last month, that would be June, 2007.

I read Mr. Fletcher's book The Complete Walker about a zillion times. It was very inspiring, although I never actually WENT camping, for various reasons. I loved to read his opinions on equipment and philosophy of hiking. I also read The Thousand Mile Summer (hiking the length of California) and The Man Who Walked Through Time (hiking the length of the Grand Canyon).

(Gee, I just killed this post by closing the tab accidentally, thank goodness for Blogspot autosave!!)

No comments: