Tuesday, January 20, 2009

On The Road

One of the places we ate at was the Taco Temple in Morro Bay.

2009Jan Taco Temple 102

It's not your usual taco stand. There was a bit of a line, we had to wait about fifteen minutes to get a table.

I had the tacquito carnitas plate, with a diet Coke.

2009Jan Taco Temple 104

It was different, but pretty good. Not a lot of cheese. None, in fact. I love cheese. There was a red salsa on the side that hadn't arrived yet.

I forget what Matt had, but this is it. It was also carnitas, and there are a couple of tortillas down there somewhere.

2009Jan Taco Temple 105

It took him a while to eat it. I thought about ordering some nachos while I waited, but I was a good boy and did not. Good thing, too, as we ended up eating some baked goods in Solvang later on...

They serve beer and wine, too, as you can see.

A woman near us was sitting alone, pecking away on her personal electronic device. She had a bottle of wine and chips with salsa along with her meal. I was rather envious, I would never go out and eat alone. It all seemed very European.

I ran across a bad review of the place, they didn't like the food or the service. I found the waitress a little brusque, but in a sort of humorous way. She teased us about not ordering more food, probably because we are the big lads that we are. I heard the fish is excellent here, but I'm not a fish person. If I wanted typical taco stand Mexican food I would go elsewhere. The owners here are going for something different, and I think they've done a good job. I also found the decor nice, and even though it was busy, it wasn't noisy.

No comments: